Tooth loss can be a devastating outcome for patients suffering from gum disease, as it can adversely affect both physical and mental health in so many ways. When patients lose a tooth, they’re often very eager to pursue a replacement solution as quickly as possible and we always encourage them to do so. The sooner we can replace the tooth, the sooner you can get back to feeling like yourself again.
When it comes to tooth replacement options, they’re not all the same. Some options like bridges and dentures may be able to help depending on your age, condition, and location of the missing teeth. However, dental implants are widely considered the most effective, comfortable, and durable solution for tooth loss. Implants are the closest you can get to restoring your regular bite and smile. Below, we’ll share some of the ways dental implants can boost your confidence.
Dental Implants Improve Your Appearance
Missing teeth can create a gap in your smile, which may cause other teeth to shift over time. As a result, many who suffer from tooth loss worry their smile may change how others perceive them. This can have severe social and professional impacts. It’s not uncommon for patients with tooth loss to avoid face-to-face interactions out of embarrassment and self-consciousness.
Fortunately, dental implants can dramatically improve your appearance following tooth loss. Because they look like real teeth, implants can restore your appearance, which can help you quickly regain your confidence. Here are some of the aesthetic benefits of dental implants:
- They Can Restore Your Smile – Dental implants are made to look exactly like real teeth, and most people can’t actually tell a difference. Following implant placement, you can expect your smile to look just like it used to.
- They Prevent Changes To Your Facial Structure – Teeth play an integral role in supporting your facial structure. When you lose a tooth, your face may start to look sunken or collapsed if you don’t treat the issue as soon as possible. Implants help prevent changes to your facial structure by replacing the support previously provided by your real teeth.
- They Prevent Your Teeth From Shifting – Losing a tooth actually causes the surrounding teeth to shift, which can lead to a crooked smile and even more oral health problems. Implants provide support to surrounding teeth to prevent any changes in alignment.
Dental Implants Improve Your Bite
Implants don’t just look like real teeth, they also feel and function like real teeth. Implants can actually help to restore and maintain your bite. This means you can return to eating normally, which can boost your confidence when you’re dining out with friends and family. Here are some benefits you’ll notice right away:
- They Improve Your Ability To Chew – Losing a tooth forces you to change the way you eat in many cases. You become more reliant on surrounding healthier teeth to bite and chew. Implants are very sturdy and capable of withstanding the same bite force as regular teeth.
- They Prevent Bone Loss – Missing teeth can actually cause the jaw to atrophy over time. This is because the jawbone relies on frequent and regular stimulation, and without it, it beings to deteriorate. Because implants are secured directly to the jaw, they can keep your jaw strong by providing that needed stimulation.
- They Offer Stability – Implants aren’t a temporary solution. They are permanent fixtures that are made to last decades if not a lifetime. They serve as a stable foundation for your bite and can even support other teeth replacement options such as crowns or bridges.
Dental Implants Improve Your Speech
Missing teeth can change the way you speak. The same way a child’s speech changes after losing their front teeth — your words may not sound clear or you might have trouble pronouncing certain words. This can also lead to social and professional anxiety.
Because dental implants serve as a permanent replacement for the gap left by your missing teeth, they can fully restore your speech and give you the confidence to put your best self forward.
Dental Implants Improve Your Health
Treating tooth loss as quickly as possible is critical for limiting the physical and psychological impacts. Dental implants can improve your health in 3 ways:
- They Improve Your Oral Health
Tooth loss leads to jaw deterioration, which can also result in more tooth loss, gum disease, and other oral health problems. Filling the gap left by your missing teeth helps keep your jaw strong and prevents you from running into other problems.
- They Improve Your Mental Health
Social anxiety, self-isolation, and depression are all common among those with tooth loss. These symptoms can continually worsen over time and have a long-term negative effect on patients. Investing in dental implants can help restore your self-confidence and dramatically improve your oral health.
- They Improve Your Overall Health
Oral health influences your overall health much more than people think. Gum disease can lead to chronic inflammation that results in cardiovascular and cognitive issues. Furthermore, long-term stress and anxiety caused by tooth loss can weaken the immune system, cause headaches, and shorten your lifespan. Resolving tooth loss through dental implants can help you live a long and happy life.
Why You Should Choose Ormond Beach Periodontics For Dental Implants
If you’re ready to boost your confidence, the next step is to find the right dental provider. There are many options out there for dental implants in Central Florida, but Ormond Beach Periodontics & Implant Dentistry is one of the best. Patients from all over Central Florida seek out Dr. Stuart Beauchamp for dental implants and other periodontal procedures.
One of the reasons why patients choose Ormond Beach Perio is because of our unwavering commitment to patient comfort and satisfaction. Dental procedures can be intimidating, and we want all of our patients to feel at ease and in control of their own oral health. We take the time to answer all questions, educate our patients along the way, and make treatment plans as easy and convenient as possible. Contact us today to schedule your dental implant consultation.