But, how does the Teeth Express dental implants process work? Below, we first go over the procedure in general and then follow up by answering some frequently asked questions on the topic.
How Are Teeth Express Dental Implants Installed?
The first step is for Dr. Kenzik to examine your mouth with 3D X-rays and to determine if your jawbone and overall oral health allow for express dental implants or if you must first receive a bone graft and/or gum graft.
Next, advanced dental equipment and techniques will allow a properly fitting crown or denture to be formed quickly. There is also the option, in some cases, of attaching your existing denture rather than forming a new one.
Small holes will be made in your periodontal tissue where the implant will be placed. Some implants will penetrate into your alveolar ridge bone while others will rest on it. In either case, the titanium root will fuse firmly to the bone as your mouth heals.
With some implants, a second stage is necessary weeks later to attach “extensions” that will assist in long-term stability; but with Teeth Express, we use a form of implant that is fully stable without any need for a second stage. We can simply install your new teeth in as little as one sitting.
FAQs About Teeth Express Dental Implants
- Are dental implants rare? No. Dental implants are now considered standard and are growing in popularity every year.
- Is Teeth Express for everyone? You must have relatively healthy periodontal tissue and underlying jawbone to receive express dental implants.
- What are the problems with traditional dentures? Ordinary dentures allow your jawbone to shrink due to lack of stimulation, but implant-supported dentures help correct that problem.
- Is the Teeth Express procedure painful? A local anesthetic, and possibly oral sedation with nitrous oxide, will minimize any pain. A medication can be prescribed to counter any post-surgical pain during the healing process.
- How long does the procedure take? A single implant could take only half and hour to an hour. Four implants supporting a denture may require three or four hours.
- Does it always take only one day? In some cases, a complication could require your dentures to be fastened to the implants on a later date.
- Must I rest and recover after the surgery? Yes, however, most patients can return to their ordinary work and overall lifestyle after only one day’s rest.
- How long will the implants last? Typically, modern dental implants can last as long as 40 years.
- What kind of success rate do dental implants have? Dental implants are successful 99% of the time.
- What kind of aftercare is involved? You will need to use a medicated mouthwash prescribed by Dr. Kenzik immediately after the surgery. You will use a special tool for cleaning around implants/dentures and should come in for a professional cleaning periodically.
- Is Teeth Express affordable? Dr. Kenzik offers highly competitive rates, and most dental insurance will cover at least part of the procedure.
Contact Dr. Kenzik’s Ormond Beach office to schedule a consultation or to learn more about how Teeth Express can help give you back your confidence.